Have you recently faced some legal trouble in Riverside, California? If so, you have come to the right place. Specifically, if you or someone you know is in the need of a professional bail bondsman for a domestic violence charge, we can help.
At Justice Bail Bonds, we understand that domestic disputes are somewhat common in Riverside, California. Unfortunately, the majority of the time, when local police are called out for a domestic dispute, someone is arrested and taken to jail—even when the dispute turns out to be a simple argument and there is no physical contact. Further, it is imperative to note that anyone can be accused of domestic violence; men and women.
For your convenience, we have listed pertinent facts on the entire process of using a bail bondsman in Riverside, California, including details on pricing, benefits, what to do before and after bail has been posted, and finally, domestic violence laws in Riverside County.
If you are ready to speak with a bail bondsman now, then contact Justice Bail Bonds by calling (951) 445-4155. We are ready to help you move on with your life.
Learning the Facts after the Arrest for Domestic Violence
So, you have been arrested in Riverside, California for domestic violence—now what can you do and what should you do?
In the State of California, there are different charges pertaining to the severity of the domestic violence charge, such as:
- Penal Code 243(e)(1) –A misdemeanor charge of a domestic dispute and carries a bail amount of $5,000. The domestic charge of the battery falls under this particular code. Under the law, when someone intentionally touches another person in a harmful manner, the domestic battery can occur, depending on the relationship (i.e. ex-husband or wife, fiance, parent, etc.).
- Penal Code 273.5 –A felony charge for domestic violence, this change carries a bail amount of $50,000. Also known as “Corporal Injury on Spouse or Cohabitant,” if visible marks or bruising are a result of the abuse, then a felony conviction may occur.
Please note the following factors that could apply to your case:
- A physical injury does not always have to be visible for a potential charge to take place—only the use of force is required to be charged (i.e. pushing, shoving, pulling).
- If an individual is currently on probation or has prior similar charges, the amount of bail will likely increase.
- Domestic violence bail bonds are a little different, as a restraining order may be taken out.
- Once bail has been set (if it has been set, depending on the overall nature of the abuse and if this is the first offense), you can decide whether or not to contact a bail bondsman in Riverside, California.
Domestic Violence Bail in Riverside, CA
To be clear: Bail is a monetary and written promise that you will appear for a future court date following your arrest. In order to be released from jail, you will have to pay this monetary amount. Every county in California has its own bail schedule. Often, the more severe the charge is, the higher the amount of bail.
You will find the following resources valuable for your legal needs:
- The 2019 Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedule
- Riverside, California Sheriff Information
- Riverside, California County Court Information
If you can post bail, the amount you pay will be returned to you (minus standard court fees, as these are non-refundable), but only if you appear for your scheduled court appearance.
Once bail has officially been set in a domestic violence case, anyone is permitted to post it. The best and most effective way to get someone released is by giving the jail or police station the accused person's full name, as well as their date of birth.
A friend or family member may have difficulty coming up with the bail money on their own. In this case, a licensed bail bondsman, such as the experienced professionals at Justice Bail Bonds in Riverside, California, can assist for a small fee.
The Benefits of Using a Bail Bondsman in Riverside, CA
After your arrest for domestic violence has occurred in or around Riverside County—depending on the financial situation—you may decide to use a bail bondsman to get out of jail while waiting for a court date. It is important for your case to choose the right bail bondsman, one who will have your needs and concerns at the forefront. Qualities you will want to find in a bail bondsman include smart, educated, and experienced.
When it comes to choosing a bail bondsman in Riverside, California, we understand that you have myriad of options. However, Justice Bail Bonds provides unique service not found anywhere else. The benefits of choosing Justice Bail Bonds include the following:
- Free Consultation
- Bail Bondsman Travel to You
- Fastest Release Possible
- Reliable, 24-Hour Service
- Convenient (Pay by Phone)
- Affordable Service
- Lowest Rates in Area
- No Hidden Fees
- Payment Plans Available
At Justice Bail Bonds, we fully understand that this is a rough time. Let us help you move forward with your life.
About Justice Bail Bonds in Riverside
Justice Bail Bonds is located in downtown Riverside, California. We always provide swift and easy bail bond/jail release services throughout the entire Riverside County.
Further, we have an experienced staff that is predominantly female-driven and fully dedicated to treating every single client with the respect and dignity they deserve. If you are looking for a bail bondsman in Riverside, California that is honest, discreet, and dignified, you have come to the right place!
To speak to a bail bondsman today, please call Justice Bail Bonds at 951-445-4155. We even offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose!
Our Frequently Asked Questions
Below, we have a list of questions frequently asked by our potential clients—take a look. If you do not happen to see your specific question, please let us know and we will answer it to the best of our ability.
Q: I have just been released. Now what?
A: Following an arrest, the arrestee is taken into a holding facility and the booking process begins. Charges will be confirmed and bail will be established. This entire process may take a few hours to finish.
Q: How much do you charge for your services?
A: The price of our services depends on the amount at which bail has been set. We generally charge between 7 and 10 percent of the bail amount. Remember, there are no hidden fees and we offer payment plans.
Q: How long does bail last?
A: The bail lasts as long as the case lasts. In the unlikely chance that the case lasts longer than a year, we are legally entitled to another 7 to 10 percent fee.
Q: Are there other options besides using a bail bondsman?
A: Other options besides using a bail bondsman include the following:
- Pay the court or jail cash, which you will get back less any fees or outstanding fines due to the court once the case has been completed.
- US Treasury Bond
- Real Property
Q: How long until I'm released?
A: Once bail has been posted, you can usually expect to be released from jail within 7 hours. Factors that could potentially delay the release process include staff to inmate ratio and an overall number of inmates currently being held.
Q: How do I know if the bail bondsman is good or professional?
A: A: During your consultation with a bail bondsman (remember, Justice Bail Bonds offers a free one), you can ask questions to get a better feel for the company's experience and expertise, like:
- How long have you been licensed?
- Can you briefly explain your history?
- Where do you stand with the California Department of Insurance?
- Do you put your client first?
- What makes you stand out amongst other bail bondsmen?
Q: What happens if I don't post bail?
A: If you cannot or chose to not post bail, you will remain in custody until your court date.
Q: Why should I choose Justice Bail Bonds?
A: Besides all of the features listed above, Justice Bail Bonds treats everyone with the same level of respect. We understand that accidents and mistakes happen, and believe that second chances are not only important but also deserved.
Call Justice Bail Bonds Today!
If you or a loved one has recently been arrested for domestic violence, you may need a professional and reliable bail bondsman in Riverside, California. We are a judge-free team that offers discreet, quick, effective services. We can be reached 24-hours a day and offer three different locations:
We understand that this is a challenging time in your life, and you do not have to go through it alone. With years of combined experience, we have the skills to make this process as smooth as possible for you and your family. Do not waste another minute—call Justice Bail Bonds in Riverside, California today!